To celebrate Earth Month, we are sharing some of our favorite low waste, low cost, sustainable swaps to implement in your day to day routine!
- Ziploc → Stasher Bags (Psst you can make popcorn in a stasher bag in the microwave! Seriously - watch this video!) 🍿
- Seran Wrap → Beeswax Wraps 🐝
- Dryer Sheets → 🧺 Dryer Balls
- Aerosol Dry Shampoo → 🧴 DIY Dry Shampoo Powder (arrowroot powder, corn starch, baby powder for lighter hair and cocoa powder for darker hair)
- Retail Store bags → 💼 Reusable Produce Bags
- Regular plastic toothbrush → Bamboo toothbrush
- Swiffer pads → fuzzy 👏 socks 🧦 or old t-shirts with some Dr. Bronner's cleaner works just as good and just throw in the wash after!
- Water bottles → we love a hydro flask :) + always reuse glass pasta jars for drinking water around the house or office!
- Grocery bags → Baggu are super cute and fold up tiny so they can easily be stored on the go, but really, any bag works as a grocery bag!
- Fast fashion→ We LOVE to get our clothes from Poshmark, ThredUP, Goodwill, or just check out some local Buy Nothing groups - not only can you buy new to you clothes but you can also sell and re-xthome clothes you no longer wear! 👚 👖 👠
- Food waste → compost OR turn into meat/veggie broth 🍜
- Plastic Hand Soaps → 🧼 bar soap, DIY with coconut oil, palm oil and essential oils! Or buy in bulk and refill the same container to reduce waste!
- Plastic containers → any old salsa or pasta jar is PERFECT, simple rinse and boom, easy plastic free storage container! 🍝
- Junk Mail + Emails → ✉️ Unsubscribe from both! If you no longer read them or need them, cancel that subscription! 👏
- Food waste hack → herbs and produce can be stored glass jars of water in fridge to stay fresh longer! 🥑
- Packaged food→ bulk bins! Bulk / plastic free stores are becoming increasingly popular, search to see if theres a local bulk store near you! 🍚
- VOTE → lastly, but importantly, use your power to vote. Vote for politicians who give a crap about the environment & agriculture! Did you know?100 energy companies have been responsible for 71% of all industrial emissions since human-driven climate change was officially recognized.
Check out this stasher bag microwave popcorn hack!