To celebrate Earth Month, we're sharing our knowledge of all things DIY - starting with soap! You'd be surprised at just how many products you don't need to spend the money on at the store and keep accumulating those plastic containers! Making your own cleaning sprays & soaps is actually pretty easy, most of the ingredients are already in your home, and, its's super rewarding!
Foaming Hand Soap:
Ingredients you need:
- 12-ounces of Water (distilled or boiled is best but not needed if it will be used within a few weeks)
- 2 Tablespoons Liquid castile Soap
- ½ tsp liquid oil like olive or almond
- Essential oils of choice for scent (totally optional)
- Fill the soap dispenser to about 1 inch of the top (leaving room for the bulky foaming pump and the soap to be added).
- Add at least 2 tablespoons of liquid castile soap to the water mixture (NOTE: do not add the soap first or it will create bubbles when the water is added.
- Add the oil (optional but it helps preserve the life of the dispenser) and any essential oils if you are using them.
- Close and lightly swish to mix.
- Use as you would any regular foaming soap.
That's it! Make it low waste by filling the same glass jar for your hand soap!